Symbolism

I take the first step to make sure the ground under me is not the water that my thoughts are swimming in. Waking up is more of a challenge when nightmares ravage my brain. Both of my feet caress the cold floors. Looking down I see my feet all the way to my chest. The skin is getting its pigment from the blood rushing through my body. The one constant thing on me was the chain and pendantt that never leaves my body. It was my mothers before she died from cancer. It is the only thing that brings me peace. It is her with me always. I finish looking at the silver star on my chest and walk to my bathroom.

"@#$%!" I exclaim.

walking in the dark is not the best idea. While nursing my newly stubbed toe, the monster or thought that haunts me decides to frighten me a little more by noncheluantly stepping out of the shadows. It is just a trick in my mind. Just the manifestation of the worst parts of me. It is black as night in my room but i still get to my feet and continue to walk. The only thing i can see is my Star. The Star that protects me and brings me piece. I see it floating in front of mas if it was being held up by a truth. A truth that helps me to sleep every night. I soon relize that the star is just reflecting off the mirror and i am the truth that is holding it up. I quickly turn the lights on and look at my tears. They are rolling with no force to guide them, only a thought to cause them. "All the things that are stuck in my head don't deserve this time. But why think of them to yourslef? No one knows all the pain that i go through. No one knows the things that hurt me." I think to my self but as soon as the thought come to mind it is forced out be an even deeper feeling. I finally notice that my eyes are staring straight at the star. The Silver Necklace was calming me. It was like a mother. My mother still doing her work on me, still comforting me. I'm only 27 but i still am given this feeling of comfort. The feeling of warmth. I flip the lights of and carefully walk back to my bed with no more injuries. Sleep comes like a fire. Warm and growing fast and deep.

Comments

  1. This story is very deep and intriguing. I really enjoyed reading it. However, I can't seem to figure out what this story is representing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Free Post

Vocabulary Post

Dear 12 year old